We at Allergic Disease and Asthma Center are doing our part to decrease the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Therefore, we are temporarily making changes to our schedules so that we may remain available to our patients while maintaining a healthy and safe clinic environment.
Additionally, our E. Butler Rd. location will be closed on Wednesday afternoon through March 31, 2021. Each location has a modified schedule, so contact us at 864-627-3800 to see if your date is available.
If you have questions, please send us a message via the Patient Portal. We are able to respond to messages sent via the portal much faster than voicemails AND they can be sent directly to your provider.
Please read the following for information regarding your allergy, asthma, and immunology care while the threat of the coronavirus is present:
If you receive allergy injections:
- please do not come in for allergy injections if you are currently ill, or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive to the coronavirus
- If necessary, we can adjust your dose when you resume injections
- While waiting in the office, whether in line or after your injection, maintain a 6 ft. distance from other patients at all times and masks MUST be worn.
If you have asthma:
- It is imperative that you continue taking your prescribed medications, as instructed, to maintain optimal asthma control.
- Uncontrolled asthma puts you at greater risk for developing complications if you contract Coronavirus.
If you have an immunodeficiency:
- Now is the time to enjoy your couch and watch your favorite TV shows
- Seriously, avoid person to person contact as much as possible. If you must go out, wear a mask, and use a barrier, such as a paper towel, to open doors, etc.
- Continue your infusions
- If you receive IV infusions and would like to switch to subcutaneous infusions (self-infused at home), contact your provider to determine if this is an appropriate alternative
Most importantly: Social distancing, diligent hand hygiene, and proper nutrition are key to staying healthy for EVERYONE, so please take care of you.Healow-Flyer